Monday, March 31, 2008
I didn't have a very much memorable highschool life back then 'coz my parents are very strict but I'm gonna try to remember something about those years.
What section were you?
It was a Catholic school so our sections are from the names of saints. 1st - St. Thomas, 2nd - St. Lorenzo Ruiz, 3rd - Can't remember! 4th - St. Augustine
Who were your seatmates?
I'm sorry I can't remember!
Still remember your English teacher?
Mrs. Fontanoza - 4th year
What was your first class?
If I had remember it well, the advisers are always the first class so I'll have to say History, eh?!
Made friends to the lower years?
Yeah, I have lots of friends from the lower years.
How was your class schedule?
It was okay. Sometimes, I was late for my first period.
Made any enemies?
I guess so! Hehehe
Who was your favorite teacher?
Our biology teacher, Ms. Victoria Longos.
What sport did you play?
I was not into sports.
Were you a party animal?
Definitely not. My life back then revolves around school and home.
Were you well known in your school?
Yeah, I'd like to believe so.
Yeah, a few times.
Did you get suspended/expelled?
Thank God, Never!
What was your favorite subject?
It has always been English and Biology.
Did you go to the dances?
I don't think so.
Where did you go most often during breaks?
Canteen and Library.
What did you do on the last day of school?
Had chika-chika with classmates.
I am now forwarding this circle of friends award to Francine, Borski and Nai and Monica. Have a nice day, guys!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
When you fell in love with someone, sometimes it's hard to define the emotion and explain the reason why you felt this way towards a person. As your relationship blossoms, you start to learn the person in depth and you realize that these are the specific reasons why you love this person. Human as we are, we have flaws, but it is when you choose to still love them despite the flaws that makes you appreciate the love that you have for them even more.
What I love the most about Jeff is that:
- He loves to give me flowers even if it's only an ordinary day. To me, that makes him so romantic and loving.
- He considers me and our relationship the most important things in his life. He puts so much value to it that even for one second, he wouldn't even consider doing something to damage it.
- He loves my family and he understands the value of having a family.
- He is so expressive with his love for me. He always tells me "I love you" and he kisses me countless times everyday.
- He respects me more than anything else. He never yells at me even if he's upset with me. He treats me like his equal and supports me in whatever endeavor I'd like to take.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Anyway, tomorrow's gonna be an exciting day for us. We'll gonna go shopping for a few kitchen small appliances as replacements for the old stuff that we have here. I did some research online so I kinda' know in particular which brand and kind that I'd like to get. But the most wonderful thing about it is I'm gonna be driving us to the department store. This will be my first time to drive this far on a busy city like Fort Smith. Hubby thinks I'm ready though I don't have a license yet. Personally, I am a little nervous about it but deep inside I know I am ready and I'll be able to do it. I hope and pray that it'll just be a smooth 45-min drive to JC Penney.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
1. I've been researching the best Treadmill Machine 'coz we would like to get one and I am super excited about it. It's been a while since I went to the gym to do cardio exercises.
2. The 3-day weekend with hubby makes me happy. It's never been easy to be alone and missing my other half.
3. My mom's improving health makes me glad. She's been sick for the past couple of months and the last time I talked to her which was yesterday, she sounded happy and healthy.
4. The amount of earnings that I got from a lot of GPT sites that I am a member of.
5. I talked to my youngest sister in Cebu. She shared to me new chika and I got a kick out of it.
6. The Holy Week. It reminded me of my salvation. Who wouldn't be happy about it?
7. Meeting new Filipina friends this Sunday for the Easter Egg Hunt.
8. Ramiele Malubay's strong stint in the American Idol contest.
9. I wrote a script for my sister's school play. She's a nursing stud. She told me my script was part of the Top 10 best stories out of the 28 sections that participated.
10. Seeing the face of my langga every morning and knowing that we're both in love to each other.
Now, I wanna here from my beloved blogger friends out there! Lira, Lou, Lis and Borski.
Spread the LOVE!!!
1. Amor is one of our featured friends.
2. So when Amor will make her featured friends for the week, she has to include my name and she will pick 4 or 5 more from her own list of friends.
3. She will inform ALL her featured friends to keep the ball rolling.
If you use Blogger, you can add your featured friends using the new page element ‘Link List’.
My Featured Friends Blogs are: Amor, Lira, Monica, Francine, Lara, Princess-2 and of course Borski. Keep it going!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
1 tablespoon sunflower oil (vegetable oil)
1 large onion cut into wedges
3 lbs. boneless pot round or rump roast
3 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
3 medium white potatoes cubed
2 bay leaves
½ teaspoon salt
2 envelopes (1.4 ounces each) onion soup mix Lipton
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Heat the butter and sunflower oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and beef. Brown the beef on all sides. Transfer the beef and onion to the slow cooker.
2. Arrange the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves around the beef. Sprinkle with salt. In a heat-proof bowl, or measuring cup, combine the soup mix with 3 cups boiling water, stirring until smooth.
3. Pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetable in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until the meat is very tender about 4 hours. (I cooked mine about 7 hrs., depending on how tender the beef you would like to be)
4. In a medium sauce pan, combine the cornstarch in about 1 teaspoon water, stir to form a paste. Add 2 cups hot liquid from the slow cooker and bring to a boil, stirring until the gravy has thickened. Slice the beef and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The tornado siren sounded this afternoon and it drove me nuts. The thought that our town is in imminent danger seems to be so powerfully scary. I called hubby at work twice 'coz it seems like its the only comforting thing to do at the moment. Of course, I cried. I was so scared. I prayed so hard while I brought our flashlight, telephone, my immigration papers and thick comforter with me in the bathtub. It felt so silly doing it but it's the most logical thing to do. For a moment, I thought about going back to the Philippines 'coz we don't have tornadoes there, but hubby reminded me that we have earthquakes and super typhoons in the PI. Anyway, I am glad that it's over now and that I'm safe though my insides are still shivering a bit. It scared the hell out of me!
Monday, March 17, 2008
I AM… hopeless romantic, shopaholic, sensitive and easy to get along with.
I WANT… to buy a shiny Red Pontiac Vibe.
I HAVE… Filipino channels on tv both GMA Pinoy TV and TFC.
I WISH… I could visit my most favorite place, Venice, Italy.
I HATE… roaches and crickets.
I FEAR… losing any of my loved ones.
I SEARCH… the face of Jesus in my life.
I WONDER… if I could be the best mom for my future babies.
I REGRET… not taking up pharmaceutical course in college.
I LOVE… GOD, my family and of course my wonderful husband, Jeff.
I ALWAYS… read suspense novels and watch pinoy soap operas on tv.
I AM NOT… snubbish and unfriendly, i'm just typically shy.
I DANCE… to the tune of upbeat and techno music (lupet!).
I SING… Kyla's I Don't Want You To Go in the bathroom.
I CRY… easily especially if I have tampo with hubby.
I WRITE… blogs and journals because I love to express my thoughts and emotions.
I WON… first prize in an interschool oratorical competition back in Highschool.
I AM CONFUSED… with the Southern accent especially here in my town, Ozark.
I NEED… to just save this as a draft 'coz Marimar will be on air in 3 minutes.
I SHOULD… have the courage to take the driving skills test this month.
THE LAST THOUGHT YOU GO TO SLEEP WITH IS… how lucky I am 'coz my babe loves me and is forever faithful to me.
Now, it's your turn, girls! I am tagging my friends Amor, Scotty's Princess, and Monica.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
* Each blogger must post these rules first.
* Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* Bloggers that are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Now, here's what you don't know about me:
1. I love to read suspense novels before bedtime. Kiss The Girls by James Patterson is on my bedside table right now.
2. I am scared of roaches, crickets, grasshoppers, and any other insects of these kinds.
3. I am a solid fan of the Asia's Songbird, Ms. Regine Velasquez.
4. I am the eldest of three but I don't think and act like the eldest sister. I don't boss them around and I don't let the pressures of being the eldest get into me.
5. I've read the whole Harry Potter Book Series and I've watched all of the movies.
6. I am so shy around new acquaintances that those who don't know me well often mistook it as being snubbish and unfriendly.
7. I love to shop like most girls. I shop like 2 to 3 times a month here, more often than what I used to do back in the Philippines. (*rolling eyes*)
8. I like the colors pink, white and black.
I am tagging Francine, Lis, Monica, Ethelbert, and Island Paradise.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
It's been 18 long years!!! My memory of our beloved YLAC Elementary School Graduation seems so faint and distant. Of course I still remember these faces but I couldn't exactly recall what happened on that day. Too bad, eh! I don't even think that I still got a copy of this picture back home in PI. We've moved three times and a couple of super typhoons have hit us and I guess that's how we lost the old pictures.
Anyway, I grabbed this pic from a friendster acccount of an elementary classmate and friend of mine, Jessica Jenny. I'm happy that I still get in touch with at least 4 of the faces in this photograph. I showed this pic to my hubby and I was surprised that he recognized me right away. He said it had something to do with my eyes and the way I look at something. Amazing, isn't it? Btw, to those who didn't recognize me, I am that second little girl from the right on the first row.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
No little Jenn or Jeff yet, so it's kinda lonely in here when hubby goes to work. I'm not sad or depressed today though, I just feel blah. You know what I mean, like everything is plain and boring. I'm thinking of taking a walk to the park later with hubby 'coz the weather is great but even that, I'm not sure if I have the motivation to do it. Hmm, let's see how would I feel later. Sorry about the ranting, guys! I just needed to release my negative vibrations. Anyway, I'm looking forward to watch American Idol again tonight, hehehe! I hope I'd have the chance to vote for Ramiele this time. I so love this season of AI. See ya'h!